Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rush Limbaugh: Giving Conservatives a Bad Name Since 1951

Rush Limbaugh is a pundit on the extreme right side of the political spectrum and in my humble opinion, he is completely out of his mind. Recently on his radio show he responded to the ongoing crisis facing the newspaper industry.



I guess if you look hard enough, you can blame anyone for anything. I’m not the biggest fan of Mr. Obama myself, but to say that he’s responsible for the newspaper collapse is just absurd. His rant about “Obama Suck-up Disease” does not really make any sense. Every president has positive articles printed about him during the first few months that he’s in office. Even Bush wasn’t widely criticized until well into his tenure. But, for the sake of argument, let’s pretend for a second that the entire country really has gone crazy with Suck-Up Fever. Wouldn’t this mean that people want to hear more positive stories about Obama, thus increasing the sales of newspapers? Anyway, none of that matters because the decline of newspapers has nothing to do with the administration or even the economy. Newspapers are going out of business because there are more convenient places that people can get their news these days. It’s as simple as that. Why would I wait until the next day’s paper to see what’s going on when I can just turn on my computer and find out now?

As a quick side note, I mentioned in a previous post that I didn’t think anyone could put a political spin on the recent Swine Flu epidemic. Well thanks to Mr. Limbaugh I stand corrected because I’m pretty sure he implied that Obama’s visit to Mexico caused the outbreak. Someone should let this guy know that saying stuff like that just gives his opponents an easy target to attack. Besides, it gives all of us non-insane fiscal conservatives a bad name.

No comments:

Post a Comment